Thursday, October 27, 2011

Herbert Humphreys Look-a-Like

I just noticed this today: Ryan Gosling looks a lot like Herbert Humphreys (or Helmus Andrews, I should say)! Here's a side-by-side comparison:

Source for image on left.


What do you think? 

I don't know much about Mr. Gosling; apparently he is an actor. But quite unsurprisingly, I am a lot fonder of "the glorious Herbert Humphreys" (to quote Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown). I really love good-natured Herbert in the books, and always secretly wished he would've married Betsy or Tacy or Tib.

Here is a quote of one of the first mentions (I actually think it might be the very first) of Herbert in the books: 
    "This going around with boys makes me sick," said Tacy.    "I like Herbert Humphreys," said Tib.    It was just like Tib to like a boy and say so.    "Oh, if you have to have a boy around, it might as well be Herbert," said Betsy, who liked him too.    "He wears cute clothes," said Tacy, blushing.    Herbert Humphreys, who had come to Deep Valley from St. Paul, wore knickerbockers. The other boys in their grade wore plain short pants. (Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown, 471)

1 comment:

  1. Sure; although I admit to not really knowing what that is! :)

    ReplyDelete